1. Information Collected by My Words. We may collect information that you provide to us in connection with your use of the Service when you (i) register as a user of the Service; (ii) make changes to your user profile information; or (iii) send e-mail messages, forms, or other information to us through the Service. If you register for a My Words Account directly through the Service, you will be required to provide your email address and create a password. You may also choose to provide additional information in connection with your My Words Account, including your full name, birthday, your city, state and country of residence, your zip code, your gender and a profile picture.
2. Information You Share on the Service. Some portions of the Service allow you to submit User Content (as defined in the Terms of Service); biographical data such as your name, gender, birthdate, and location; or other optional information provided by you to the Service (collectively, “Information Shared by You”). Depending on the privacy settings that you choose in connection with your My Words Account, Information Shared by You may be displayed on the Service and may be viewable by other users of the Service as well as to the public generally through public search engines. In addition, depending on your privacy
settings, your list of My Words “friends” may be visible to other users of the Service as well as to the public generally through public search engines. More information on how to adjust your privacy settings for the Service so that this information is not visible is provided in Section 9(B) below.
3. Information Automatically Collected Through the Service. My Words, along with our third party service partners, vendors and business partners may automatically collect information about you when you use the Service. The information automatically collected about you may include, but is not limited to, device ID, device type, browser type and version, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the Service, ad data, and IP address and standard web log information. Some or our third party service partners, vendors and business partners allow you to opt-out from the automatic collection of your information.
5. Use of Information by My Words. My Words may use information that we collect about you through the Service to:
6. My Words’s Disclosure of Information to Third Parties.
- provide access to the Service and to provide you with requested services and customer support and to process and respond to your inquiries;
- personalize, customize, measure, and improve our services, content, and advertising and otherwise to enhance your experience of the Service;
- prevent, detect, and investigate potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce the My Words Terms of Service;
- analyze the accuracy, effectiveness, usability, or popularity of the Service;
- generate and review reports and data about our user base and service usage patterns;
- compile aggregate data for internal and external business purposes;
- resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems;
- contact you with information, including promotional, marketing and advertising information and recommendations that we believe may be of interest to you;
- provide you with other services requested by you as described when we collect the information; and
My Words may disclose your information to the following third parties:
- Our Service Providers: We may share your information with third party contractors or service providers who provide certain services to us or on our behalf, such as operating and supporting the Service, processing payments, fulfilling orders you place through the Service or otherwise responding to your customer service requests. These service providers will only have access to the information needed to perform these limited functions on our behalf and are required to provide your information with at least the same level of protection and security as we use for the Service.
- Third Party Marketing Partners: We may, from time to time, share your name and postal mailing address with a few carefully selected third party marketing partners that we believe offer products or services that may be of interest to you. We will not share payment information which you have given us with any of our third party marketing partner(s). In addition, if would like us to stop providing your information to our third party marketing partners, you may opt-out by emailing us at apps@MyWordsapp.com sending a letter to Jafferson Software LLC, Attn: Advertising Opt-Out Processor, 4005 Carpenter Road, Ypsilanti, MI 48197.
- Companies that Acquire Our Business or Assets. If My Words becomes involved in a merger, acquisition, sale of assets, securities offering, bankruptcy, reorganization, dissolution, or other transaction or if the ownership of all or substantially all of our business otherwise changes, My Words may share or transfer your information to a third party or parties in connection with the applicable transaction.
- Payment Card Companies: If you make a purchase through the Service, the information you provide will be transmitted to your credit card company to verify and authorize your purchase.
- Aggregate Information. My Words may share information relating to visitors and users of the Service with affiliated or unaffiliated third parties on an aggregate basis. We note that, while this information will not identify you personally, in some instances these third parties may be able to combine this information with other data they have about you, or that they receive from third parties, in a manner that allows them to identify you personally.
- Law Enforcement Authorities. To the extent permitted by law, we may share your information with law enforcement, governmental agencies, or authorized third-parties, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity
or any other activity that may expose us, you, or any other My Words user to legal liability, or to protect our rights or property, or during emergencies when safety is at risk.
- DMCA Notices. We may share your information with third parties when we forward Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) infringement notifications and counter-notifications as described in the Terms of Service. DMCA infringement notifications and counter-notifications (including any personal information included as part of the notifications) will be forwarded as submitted to us without any deletions.
7. No Spam, Spyware or Spoofing.
My Words and our users do not tolerate spam. To report My Words-related spam or spoof emails to us, please forward the email to apps@MyWordsapp.com. You may not use our communication tools to send spam or otherwise send content that would violate the My Words Terms of Service.
My Words takes reasonable measures to protect the information you provide to My Words or submit through the Service against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure, or modification. However, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to My Words or submit through the Service and you do so at your own risk. No internet or email transmission is ever fully secure or error-free. Email sent to or through the Service may not be secure. You should use caution whenever submitting information online and take special care in deciding what information you send to us via email.
9. Accessing, Changing and Managing Your Information.
You may change and update the information you provide through the Service, or change your preferences concerning how we use your information, as follows:
A. Changing or Updating Your Information.
You may make changes to the user information you have provided in connection with your My Words Account by logging in to your account and changing the applicable information or by contacting us at apps@My Wordsapp.com If you choose to terminate your account, you may also request that we delete your information by contacting us at apps@MyWordsapp.com. Following receipt of a request from you, we will take reasonable steps to update, correct or delete your information.
B. Privacy Settings.
If you want to make changes to who can view Information Shared by You and your list of My Words “friends”, you can do so through the “Privacy Settings” feature within your My Words Account.
C. Email Communications.
You can make changes regarding receiving email communications from us within your My Words Account. You can also choose not to receive email communications from us by following the “unsubscribe” instructions in any email communication you receive from us.
D. Social Media Services.
My Words may provide certain features that integrate with third-party social media services such as Facebook or Twitter (each a “Social Media Service”). My Words does not control the information you provide to the Service through Social Media Services or information you provide to Social Media Services through the Service. If you want to change your preferences with regard to how an applicable Social Media Service collects or uses your information in connection with the Service, you should review the
privacy practices of the applicable Social Media Service and adjust your privacy or other settings directly through the applicable Social Media Service.
10. Third Parties.
The Service may contain links to websites that are not owned or operated by My Words. These third party websites and applications may place their own cookies or other files on your computer or mobile device, and may collect data or solicit personal information from you. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of these websites. If you visit these websites or provide any information directly to parties other than My Words (even if those websites display the My Words brand), different policies may apply to the collection and use of your information. We encourage you to investigate and ask questions before accessing third party websites or disclosing information to third parties.
11. Use of Information Outside of Your Country of Residence.
12. Retention of Your Information.
13. How to Contact Us.